ANAMIKA

'(The Blog) With No Name', perhaps best described as a stream of notes and thoughts - 'remembered, recovered and (sometimes) invented'.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

A Techie's Vision

A certain Indian Techie, who is based abroad with a reputed firm and is, to all accounts, having a blast out there with his lady-love, sums up his context and articulates the distant prospect of retirement thus:

"Basically I save 1.2 lakhs a month...Very briefly, the plan is to save
36 lakhs, which gives you Rs. 30,000 per month at 10% interest, and then just ****ing quit. Not brilliant or complete, but heck, it's at least a plan! :)

Actually, the post-retirement is MUCH MORE clear!! Briefly, it involves waking up on the banks of the Ganga in Varanasi after some good quality ganja with a friendly dog licking my face..."

5 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Does the plan not involve havin kids "abroad" so that it would be easier later...

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger R.Nandakumar said…

    i guess, adding more variables to anything - whether it is life or dreams (are they the same??) or even equations - could spoil the clarity of the vision.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger silverine said…

    Please send me the name of the bank in India that gives 10% interest rates on deposits.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger enu said…

    That reminds me of the parting words of an obituary I read a while back of Marlon brando


    He said: "When I lie on the beach there naked, which I do sometimes, and I feel the wind coming over me and I see the stars up above and I am looking into this very deep, indescribable night, it is something that escapes my vocabulary to describe. Then I think: `God, I have no importance. Whatever I do or don't do, or what anybody does, is not more important than the grains of sand that I am lying on, or the coconut that I am using for my pillow.' So I really don't think in the long sense."

    He also said:

    "The only reason I'm here is that I don't yet have the moral courage to turn down the money"

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger R.Nandakumar said…

    enu,

    is it not rather intriguing that the inessential nature of our existence makes itself felt only by the highest sensual pleasure?
    one cant help feeling that even the most effective meditation techniques helps us connect with the sheer void within only by first making us experience a supreme harmony and an ethereal kind of profound pleasure (say by keeping the mind fixed on the breath or the navel or whatever and thus making it calm and tranquil...) and then to go even beyond this pleasure to the 'real' sunyata.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home